PROTECTING YOUR PRIVACY
Blood Toyota acknowledges the importance of privacy and of safeguarding personal information. Any personal details and information provided to Blood Toyota will be protected in accordance with the Australian Privacy Principles (“the APP”) and the laws and regulations regarding such matters as are applicable in Australia (“the Australian Privacy Laws”). A copy of the APP is available from our office (office details below) for your perusal or can be obtained from the Office of the Australian Information Commissioner website (www.oaic.gov.au/).
Collection and purpose
Blood Toyota collects and stores personal information of:
- 1. Current and prospective customers, in the course of selling and servicing their vehicles and automotive spare sparts.; and
- 2. Job applicants (including prospective employees, contractors or other service providers) in the course of assessing their suitability for a position at or working with Blood Toyota.
Personal information is used by Blood Toyota for the following purposes (“the Primary Purposes”):
- To assist the vehicle sales and servicing process;
- To identify vehicle ownership for sales and servicing;
- To support finance and insurance applications;
- For internal analysis and review in the provision of customised services and benefits;
- To communicate regularly with you;
- To market products and services of Blood Toyota and related entities or suppliers that may be of interest to you, unless you inform us not to do so;
- To implement our terms of service;
- To assess an application for a position within the company or if we are considering you as a contractor; and
- To comply with any law or regulation governing the conduct of our business
The personal information is held in storage and electronically for seven years.
Access to personal information stored electronically is restricted and only accessible with appropriate passwords. Personal information held in storage is secured in a lockable storage unit with restricted access to this unit.
We may use or disclose your personal information for the Primary Purposes for which it is collected (as noted above). We may also use and disclose your personal information where (“ the Secondary Purposes”):
- 1. It is related or incidental to the carrying out of one or more of the Primary Purposes; or
- 2. You have consented to the disclosure of the personal information for a purpose other than the Primary Purposes or
- 3. You reasonably expect us to disclose that information (e.g. to administer a warranty or other service to which you are entitled, to notify you about changes to our services, or in the ordinary operation and administration of our business).
Where it is reasonably necessary to carry out one or more of the Primary Purposes or Secondary Purposes, we may disclose the personal information to:
- 1. our subsidiaries;
- 2. Toyota Motor Corporation Australia Limited;
- 3. agencies; and our contractors or third party service providers in Australia.
From time to time Blood Toyota contracts out the services to third parties, for example direct mailing houses, collection agencies, call centre operators, which carry out work that cannot be performed by Blood Toyota at our premises. Personal information will only be disclosed to these third parties if Blood Toyota considers it necessary to achieve one or more of the Primary Purposes and/or the Secondary Purposes.
We will not disclose your personal information to third parties without your consent, except in the circumstances set out in this policy.
We will not disclose your sensitive information without your consent,
How you may access your personal information and seek its correction
If you wish to access or change your personal information, you can contact Blood Toyota using the contact details below.
How you can make a complaint if you think we have not complied with the NPP or the Australian Privacy Laws
You can complain to us in writing (using the contact details below) about how we have handled your personal information. We will respond to the complaint within 30 days.
What information do we collect and hold?
Blood Toyota is part of the OneToyota network of Toyota organisations in Australia (each a OneToyota organisation), comprising:
- authorised Toyota dealers in Australia;
- Toyota Motor Corporation Australia Limited;
- Toyota Finance Australia Limited;
- Aioi Nissay Dowa Insurance Company Australia Pty Ltd trading as Toyota Insurance; and
- Toyota Western Australia (comprising Prestige Motors Pty Ltd as trustee for the Prestige Toyota Unit Trust and Eastpoint Pty Ltd).
Blood Toyota and other OneToyota organisations collect and share with each other customer and guest information to provide you an integrated OneToyota guest experience, such as allowing you to be known across the network regardless of which OneToyota organisation you deal with and to provide you with products, services, information and assistance, respond to your enquiries and help keep your information up to date. Your information may be disclosed to OneToyota network service providers in Australia and overseas for these purposes.
OneToyota organisations may send you marketing to inform you about products or services, special offers, promotions and events that may be of interest to you. These marketing communications may include joint promotions with promotion partners, and may be sent to you using any contact details provided by you, such as post, phone, email or SMS.
Your consent to receive marketing from a OneToyota organisation will be deemed to be ongoing if you do not opt out when you are offered the opportunity to do so, or unless and until you advise the relevant organisation otherwise.
Early Bird drop off Terms and Conditions
Geetoy Management Pty Ltd (ACN 100 492 267) trading as Blood Toyota (“the Repairer”) and the person who places the vehicle keys in the key drop box (“You”) located at 9 Willis Place, Geelong (“the Key Drop Box”) agree, in relation to the service and/or repair of your vehicle (“the Work”) to the terms and conditions set out below (“the Terms and Conditions”) and the terms and conditions set out on the Sign located above the Key Drop Box.
You and the Repairer agree:
- By dropping off the vehicle (“the Vehicle”), the Repairer assumes that You have the authority and control over the Vehicle and You are either:
(a) The owner of the Vehicle or the beneficial owner of the Vehicle (“the Owner”); or
(b) The authorised agent of the Owner.
- You are taken to have agreed to these Terms and Conditions when You: place the keys for the Vehicle in the Key Drop Box; or confirm Your appointment for the Work; or drop off the Vehicle at the Repairer’s premises or in the vicinity of the Repairers premises. If you are the authorised agent of the Owner, both You and the Owner agree to these Terms and Conditions.
- Subject to any circumstances beyond its control, the Repairer will use its best endeavors to complete the Work within the time agreed between the parties. The Repairer is not liable for any direct or consequential loss in failing to complete the Works in the estimated time.
- To the extent permitted by law, the Repairer takes no responsibility for any loss or damage (including but not limited to damage by fire, theft or accident) to any aspect of the Vehicle or the Vehicle’s contents whilst on the Repairer’s premises or being driven, moved or road tested by the Repairer’s authorised agents or employees and it is Your responsibility to maintain appropriate insurance to cover such loss or damage.
- You must make any claim in respect of defective materials or inadequate care, skill and diligence in relation to the Work or care of the Vehicle (“Defective Work”) immediately following the Work. Any compensation or rectification work will be limited to the applicable Work and the Repairer (to the extent permitted by law) will not be liable for any loss or consequential loss suffered by You as a result of any Defective Work.
- During the Work on the Vehicle, some or all of Your stored data in respect of the Vehicle may be lost or erased. The Repairer takes no responsibility for any loss, direct or consequential for Your stored data and you must ensure it is saved in another location prior to the Work.
- Vehicle parts (“Parts”) presented for repair may be replaced by refurbished Parts as appropriate rather than being repaired at the Repairer’s sole discretion. Any Parts displaced may be provided to You at the Repairer’s sole discretion if You have requested this prior to the commencement of the Work.
- You must not leave the Vehicle with the Repairer if:
(a) You are not the Owner or authorised agent of the Owner;
(b) You do not have authority to leave the Vehicle;
(c) You do not have a prearrange appointment for the Work; or
(d) The Vehicle is not insured or adequately insured to cover any risks associated with leaving the Vehicle with the Repairer or in the vicinity of the Repairer’s premises.
How to contact us
You can contact us using the following information:
Contact person: Guest Experience Manager
Telephone: 03 5222 3000
Address: 72 Fyans Street Geelong 3220